• Asher, Sandy. Where Do You Get Your Ideas? Favorite authors reveal their writing secrets.Walker and Company: New York, 1987.
• Harrison, Barbara and Gregory Maguire. Origins of Story. Margaret K. McElderry Books: New York, 1999.
• Paterson, Katherine. Gates of Excellence: On Reading and Writing Books for Children. Dutton Children’s Books: New York, 1981.
• Pope, Alice, editor. Children’s Writer’s & Illustrator’s Market. Writer’s Digest Books:Cincinnati, Ohio.
*There is an edition printed every year, and I highly recommend looking at the most current edition.
• Suen, Anastasia. Picture Writing: A New Approach to Writing for Kids and Teens. Writer’s Digest Books: Cincinnati, Ohio, 2003.
• Yolen, Jane. Take Joy. Writer’s Digest Books: Cincinnati, Ohio, 2006.